Paintball - get, set, fire!
Paintball is a real sport designed on the lines of simple games like ‘bulls eye.’ Players in this sport target opponents of the competing teams or individuals and eliminate them by hitting them with pellets which give off paint. These paint pellets (referred to as paintballs) are fired from a gas powered paintball gun, also known as the marker. These guns can be operated only when they are powered by propellants like CO2, compressed air or nitrogen. Traditionally, the objective of the game is to allow players to experience the feeling of an adrenaline rush and the thrills of hunting and shooting alike.
The prime equipments imperative in this sport are-
1) The mask- essential for safety of the players involved, referees, etc
2) Paintball marker- complete with propellant (CO2, nitrogen or compressed air) and a loader/hopper set.
Generally, CO2 is preferred over the nitrogen and compressed air as a propellant, owing to the cheap manufacturing rate and easy availability.
Paintball games vary in terms of style, order, structure, settings and the gaming arena-
• Capture the Flag- the game in this case generally revolves around getting to the flag first-hand. Rules may vary in terms of the goal- a flag kept in the center or the opponents’ flag.
• Elimination- this game centers around targeting soft options and eliminating them, as per one’s choice. Every player plays as an individual in this case.
• King of the Hill- this game is primarily about defending tactics, used to safeguard a player as target.
• Zombie- players in this game are considered ‘zombies’ and can only be eliminated by shooting them down with goggle hits. Besides this, there are no defining rules. Anyone is free to target and eliminate anyone.
• Speedball- as the name suggests is a game of short duration. The gaming arena is divided into two halves, with a flag in the centre. The object is to grab the flag from the centre of the field and return safely to your side of the field.
• Tag- is a slightly twisted game, wherein a players’ survival depends on the elimination of the other. A player has to begin by getting another player out. When that player gets shot, he automatically becomes part of the game in full swing.
Paintball tanks are additional equipment in the sport. These tanks are used with the prime motto of heightening the excitement and to lend a military feel to the game. They are usually utilized in woodsball and scenario paintball games. Commonly referred to as- Paintball Armored Vehicles or simply “mechs,” these props are a regular feature in tournaments and sponsored events. They do not find many takers in everyday paintball gaming sessions owing to the exorbitant costs of purchase and maintenance.
In the mood to paint the town red? Just get everyone to play a game of paintball with you!